Fiji Island Guide: What To See and Where To Go
Are you planning to go on a backpacking vacation this summer? If so, then you have more reason to choose either Yasawa or Mamanuca Islands as your tour destination. In as much as Fiji is located in the middle of the ocean, it is a popular stop for most vacationers based in Australia and New Zealand. You can expect to part with a reasonable amount for a one-way flight from Nadi International Airport to the islands courtesy of Turtle Airways.
Travel Tips for Yasawa and Mamanuca Islands
Mamanuca Island is found between Yasawa islands and Nadi. It is the main volcanic archipelago home to paradise sandy beaches and some of Fiji’s world-class resorts. Get immersed in the coral reefs, where you can plunge deep into the seas and have a one-on-one conversation with aquatic animals. As you get back on land, you can customize your ‘Fiji experience’ thanks to scenic cruises from seaplanes.
There are plenty of fun activities you can take part in at Yasawa Island. Be it swimming, hiking, diving, kayaking, or club beaches; this little paradise will be at your beck and call. Here are the things you need to know to get the most out of it:
- To explore the Yasawa Islands, you will need to book a Bula Pass, which illustrates the places you will visit. Do not worry about how it can be acquired. You will buy it as soon as you get to the islands to explore the Awesome Adventures and South Sea Cruises. Remember, the pass will take you through the days you have clearly outlined on it.
- Once you arrive, a free shuttle will pick you from the airport to take you to your hotel. Do not pay the cab fee.
- It is cheaper to buy a return ticket if you are going to explore one or two islands.
- If you are coming as a group, it is advisable to rent a double-room than it is to buy a dorm bed.
- Since fresh water is scarce, you will only get access to warm showers.
If you are a beach lover, then it is time you explored the following beaches at Yasawa Islands. They include; Nalova Bay, Tavewa Beach, Octopus Beach, and Barefoot Manta. Scuba divers, on the other hand, can visit Barefoot Manta Island, Naviti Island, and Tavewa Island.
Fiji and Yasawa Island is an all year round destination, though most vacationers prefer to visit around July-August when the weather is warmer. But if you are an introvert, you can visit around October and November when it is quieter and less busy.
The beauty of both islands in Fiji beckons vacationers worldwide, and that is not about to change anytime soon. Thanks to the 20 islands, Mamanuca qualifies as one of the most impressive and popular tourist destinations in Fiji. Your trip is about to get even better if you arrive in style; thanks to float planes from Turtle Airways. If you have not chosen this area as your ideal destination, then you have never been spoiled for choice.