Finding Adventure in Fiji
Fiji is home to enormous stretches of untamed wilderness, which teem with exciting opportunities for those interested in something more adventurous. Better still, a significant number of Fiji’s islands combine a mountainous interior with superb access to the sea, meaning that a lot of said opportunities can be found in much the same locations.
What Can You Expect From Your Stay in Fiji?
Here are some examples of the extreme sports as well as other adventures that can be found in Fiji:
- Fiji is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, so it should come as no surprise to learn that it boasts numerous opportunities for water-based adventure. For example, if you are interested in seeing the sights while also having some fun and excitement out on the water, you have the option of heading out on a jet ski. By joining up with one of the jet ski safaris out in the Mamanuca Islands, you can be sure of seeing the best sights and visiting the best sites while under the guidance of local experts.
- On a related note, the same characteristics that make Fiji appealing for people interested in jet skiing also make it appealing for people interested in sailing, surfing, and other water sports. The sheer number of islands means that there are a wide range of conditions well-suited to interested individuals with a wide range of experience, thus ensuring that everyone will be able to fit something suited to their needs and preferences.
- Underwater is no less interesting than remaining above water. By either snorkeling or scuba diving, you can see a superb selection of Fiji’s exotic wildlife, ranging from colorful coral reefs to migrating manta rays. If you are feeling particularly adventurous, you can even go feed a truly remarkable variety of sharks up close and in person.
- Made up of volcanic islands, Fiji is home to more than its fair share of impressive rock formations. As a result, rock climbers will find no shortage of rock climbing opportunities both in the mountainous interiors and sometimes situated close to the sea. Depending on the exact rock formation in question, climbing up is not just an impressive accomplishment but also a chance to see the surroundings from an elevated perspective available nowhere else.
- For something more sedate but no less interesting, there is the option of hiking through Fiji’s tropical rainforests. Lust and vibrant, they are home to a diverse range of plants and animals found nowhere else in the world, making them a refreshing change for people who are more used to the confines of the city. Some of these trails even include other sites of interest such as spectacular waterfalls sure to stir the imagination.
Having a convenient means of transportation will make experiencing these opportunities that much easier. For the best results, look no further than Turtle Airways, which covers both the Yasawa Islands and the Mamanuca Islands. We pride ourselves on making sure that our clients get where they want when they want while also providing them with a spectacular show of the Fijian landscape that is second to none.