White sand beaches, turquoise water, jungle rivers, authentic cuisine, and culture Fiji has it all. Fiji offers the perfect scenery and exciting activities for a family or romantic getaway. Atop it all, Fijians are friendly and welcoming people with unbeatable hospitality.
Here is a Fiji vacation guide for the perfect island getaway:
When is the ideal time to visit Fiji?
In Fiji, temperatures hardly fall below 22 °C even in milder months. However, Fiji’s dry season falls on the colder months of the year from May to September. The temperatures during this time are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and other outdoor activities. Over late October to early November, the costs of transport and accommodation haven’t peaked yet, making it an ideal time as well to visit Fiji. During this period the weather is dry and warm, and the beaches aren’t too crowded.
How to get to Fiji?
The department of Tourism in Fiji has made it one of the easily accessible vacation destinations in the world. Fiji’s International airline has a regular flight schedule from many international destinations. Nadi International Airport is the destination in Fiji. The airport code for Nadi International Airport is NAD. Airlines such as Air Pacific, Qantas Airways, and Air New Zealand have regular flights to NAD. If you wish to travel between islands, seaplanes are the popular option. Turtle Airways offers reliable, convenient, and fast means around the islands.
Where to stay in Fiji?
- Likuliku Lagoon Resort – It offers adult-only accommodation in Malolo. Nadi International Airport is only 32km away from the resort. It provides fun activities such as snorkeling and windsurfing. The resort features a year-round outdoor pool, Wi-Fi and an onsite restaurant.
- Yasawa Island resort – It is well known for its thatched beachfront luxury bures. The bures are air-conditioned and have an outdoor shower. The resort also provides gourmet meals and snacks. They also include fun activities such as kayaking, catamaran, guided snorkeling, and scheduled village visits.
- Turtle Island resort – It is a high-end all-inclusive resort that offers an intimate-feeling boutique hotel experience. It offers top of the line accommodation, entertainment and is secluded to give its guests the utmost privacy. The resort spares no comfort for its guests.
- Sail around the islands and snorkel in the water – Fiji is well known for its color spectrum both in corals and reef fish. A diving expedition will offer you the best underwater experience Fiji has to offer. Enjoy shark and mantra ray diving and experience these majestic beasts of the sea.
- Visit the Garden of the Sleeping Giant – The garden has over 2000 varieties of Cattleya hybrids and Asian orchids. It is named after the mountain under which it is located. It is one of the best horticultural havens in the South Pacific.
- Enjoy fire walking on Beqa – Located off Vitu Levu’s coast is Beqa Island, home to the Sawau tribe. It is from the Sawau tribe that the traditional art of firewalking originated. At the Lalati Resort, warriors walk over burning embers from earth oven chanting in their native tongue.
- Drink Kava with the locals of a Fijian village – A traditional Fijian village visit gives you a better peek into life in a Fiji village and allows you to interact with locals. Usually, the cultural village life involves a Kava ceremony. Kava is a local drink made from the root of the pepper plant mixed with water. It is intended to relax the body.
Fiji is the perfect island for a getaway where you can relax and appreciate the people that matter the most. With this detailed Fiji vacation guide, you are ready for your getaway.